- 1 How To Buy And Store Bitcoin In Your Wallet
- 2 Take the first step to be a Bitcoiner. Learn how to open your online account and buy bitcoin in a simple and secure way!
How To Buy And Store Bitcoin In Your Wallet
Take the first step to be a Bitcoiner. Learn how to open your online account and buy bitcoin in a simple and secure way!
BTC.com offers a multi-device wallet. Once you made an account, you can log in and transact on any device of your choice. For beginners, we recommend starting with the web wallet.
2. Register your account
- Choose your preferred email address
- Choose a password that is hard to guess but you can remember
- Next, confirm your password.
Now your wallet will create your unique “key”, which allows you and only you to authorize payments from your wallet.
3. Download your wallet backup
This is a very important step! The BTC.com wallet does not have access to your cryptocurrency. We give you the “key”to your coins on the backup PDF. Anybody with access to this file can move your bitcoin out of your wallet. Therefore you must keep it secret and safe.
Please save your backup document! After you saved the backup PDF, confirm that you have saved it.
Why do I need it?
Having a backup document is extremely useful if you ever forget your password. With this backup document you can re-gain access to your funds. We suggest to print the document in a few samples and store it safely offline.
4. Which currency?
Different wallets support different cryptocurrencies. The BTC.com walletsupports: Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. The wallet uses different colors to make it simple: blue (Bitcoin), green (Bitcoin Cash).
You can switch currency in the menu with the drop down selector.
5. Buy your first bitcoin
First, navigate to the Bitcoin section of your wallet. To buy Bitcoin Cash, switch to your Bitcoin Cash wallet and follow the same steps.
1. Choose “Buy” in the left side menu.
2. Select “Buy with Credit Card (Simplex)”.
3. Choose the amount you would like to buy.
4. Note down the order ID for future reference.
5. Fill out your billing information.
6. Verify your contact information.
7. Enter your credit card information.
8. If required, please complete the identity verification step.
That’s all! Now you are a real Bitcoiner, congratulations!