If you’re a confam naija person, you’ve definitely heard the word amebo.
- 1.1 In fact, if you’re reading this you’re probably an amebo
- 1.2 In Nigerian parlance, amebo typically means someone who does not mind their business
- 1.3 Have you ever wondered how the word ‘amebo’ came to be? Well you’re about to find out!
- 1.4 Avwebọ (or Amebo) is an Urhobo word meaning favourite wife in a polygamous home
- 1.5 The Urhobo people usually refer to people who talk about everything that happens as ‘avwebo’
- 1.6 ‘The village headmaster‘ which aired on NTA, also made the word ‘amebo’ really popular
- 1.7 Now, you know where the word amebo came from.
- 1.8 Related